1. …owned a restaurant, what kind of food would you serve?
A Fish’n’Chip Pub … back in 1997 when I was temping for 6 months in a portacabin round the back of a warehouse with six other temps, I had this idea for combing a fish and chip shop with a pub. They both have counters. You go in, order your food, have your pint poured, wait at the bar chatting maybe with the bar staff as they fry your fish and serve you chips.
2. …owned a small store, what kind of merchandise would you sell?
My instinct would be to say secondhand books, but I think actually it would be a little corner shop. You know the kind, it doesn’t look much from outside but it stocks everything inside, and seems to go on for ever into back rooms…
3. …wrote a book, what genre would it be?
Done it. Doing it. They tend to be what I would describe as real-world fantasy, by which I mean stories about people in the here and now but where elements of myth or old magicks actually are part of the world.
4. …ran a school, what would you teach?
Art. By which I mean words, visuals, sound and movement and everything in between.
5. …recorded an album, what kind of music would be on it?
I don’t have to sing this as well, just kind be involved, produce it, record it…? Guitar band, feel good, rock-pop with good vocals.