I’ve been working within Science Division for 17 weeks now – and given that it was supposed to be for an innitial period of 3 months, and the condition with which I agreed to do it, was that I would get my own journal – I was getting just a little bit peeved that there had been no action on this. After all, I had upheld my end of the bargain…

On Wednesday, Kim was having a bit of a stressful day and was a bit under the weather and thought that she would be off for the next couple of days. I took my chance, and since my workload was on the light side at the end of the month, upped and offered my services to do any batch of author corrections or similar that she might have to leave with me.

Towards the end of Wednesday afternoon, Kim brought over the box of articles with instructions to run the report off JPS and go through the author corrections ready for next week’s issue make-up…

…I took this as my opportunity, and so over the last two days I have, in between my normal work, been ensuring to get as much done as possible. I have run the article report, accessed the journal email account and updated JPS (Journal Publishing System) with dates and page numbers. I’ve done some of the author corrections, and mooched about in the journal folders (both electronic and paper ones), familising myself with the journal – EEN or Ecological Entomology if you’re interested.

Come Monday, I have some artwork to check over, and some new papers to log on, and some more author corrections to go through. Got to show I’m enthusiastic about this you know! I want a proper handover of responsibility next!