This seems to be one of those meme’s that provides genuine thought and interest, so I thought I would have a go.
1. Your LiveJournal user name and what it means:
~ This is easy. shepline is Me; and Me is shepline. It began because my name is Shepherd, and year’s ago I wanted a pretend company to ‘publish’ my stories. On the back of school work books and folders, I would doodle this logo: shepline because the last e could be extended out as a line … a line at the end of which was a sprout of grass with a flower and a sheep to eat it…
2. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how well does your LiveJournal represent who you actually are?
~ 10. What You See Is What You Get. Wysiwyg is who I am. I can’t lie, and if I do and someone is taken in by it, I have to admit this to them soon after.
3. How much about your life do you post to LJ?
~ I post publically, I post to ‘lj friends’ and I post to ‘friends’ – I have a multitude of different filters. If you are in my inner-sanctum (and I am the only person who knows precisely who is although if you are, you can probably guess) then I post a fair bit of my life. I am naturally a positive and optimistic person though, and
4. Is there anything you refuse to post about?
~ No. But somethings go on the tightest security settings. I have never posted completely private entries. What is the point? If it’s for my own eyes only then I will write it in a notebook.
5. On a scale of 1-10 how interesting do you think your own journal is to others?
~ Impossible for me to answer. I think it’s reasonably interesting, very, maybe, at times. But what do my readers think?
6. Has anyone ever joined LJ because of you?
~ A couple of people. But they have never become active users.
7. What proportion of your posts are friends only?
~ It varies from time to time. I will go through phases of friends-only dominant posts, and other times when it will be entirely public. Half maybe…?
9. How often do you post in communities, and did you ever start your own?
~ occasionally – I have created
10. How often do you respond to/comment on other people’s journals?
~ Often. Sometimes I feel that lj get’s in the way of my other interests.
11. Do you prefer to write in your journal or read other journals?
~ both, equally.
12. Have you ever had something mean said to you or been stalked, harassed, or got into an argument on LJ?
~ I try to avoid ‘lj drama’. I find that it’s not helpful. I did have a discussion once with someone who I considered a friend friend. It was a reasonable discussion which led to them ending it by calling me an ‘Idiot’ and defriending me without so much as a reason.
13. Have you ever banned someone from your journal?
~ Yes. Spam journals…
14. Who are your four favorite LJ friend(s) and why?
~ I think that they know who they are so I do not need to mention them.
16. Why are you most likely to add someone to your friends list?
~ because they are nice, interesting, thoughtful person. I’m least likely to add them if they only ever post ‘angst’.
17. Do you automatically add friends to your journal if they add you first?
Probably. If I don’t know them, I will look at their journal first, and see what kind of person they seem to be, and if there writing interests me.
18. What is the most likely reason you wouldn’t add someone to your friends list?
~ If their journal was too negative or angsty.
19. Is your “significant other” on LJ?
~ Ask a silly question…
20. Have you ever wanted to meet someone on LJ?
~ Yes. And I have done. They were super-nice too, in the most part, although one person has since defriended me for the most pathetic of reasons. There loss.