1. Describe your ‘ideal’ woman.
I think that I am more of a personality person than looks. Kind and smiley, would be musts. There should be something about the eyes too I think. Someone who is honest and trustworthy. Someone who enjoys having thoughtful, intelligent conversations about life the universe and everthing one minute, and then the next being encouragably silly. Someone who can laugh at themselves and others, and someone who can make me laugh and make me think.
2. What does ‘contentment’ mean to you?
Being with people (and pets too) who I love, and who love me. Being in a position where I can afford to live ‘comfortably’ without working unduly long hours or coping with stressful situations. Being in a position to help people when I can. Being able to do the things I enjoy doing, deriving pleasure from it, and, when it comes to my writing, giving pleasure to others.
3. What three things (apart from the obvious things like food, water, shelter) would you hate to live without?
My imagination, trust and honesty, and tolerance.
4. If you could be someone else (alive or dead), who would you choose to be?
I’m not sure if I’ve ever really thought about this. I’m happy being me, despite my faults! You say, someone else alive or dead, so can I have a fictional character? If so, then Ethan Hawke’s character Jesse in Before Sunrise and Before Sunset. The character is about the same age as I am, and shares the same interest in the world, why things tick, enthusiasm as I do … plus of course he gets the girl in the end (Julie Delphy)… 🙂
5. What is your biggest regret?
I try not to live my life with regrets and if-only’s, however, I would say that I do kind of wish that I had made more of the opportunities to be the more of the person that I am now when I was at university. I’m not perfect by any means as regards shyness and self-confidence, and out-goingness, but I am a whole lot better than I used to be. If I’d learnt the things about myself 10 or 15 years earlier, just think where I could have been now…! 😉
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions of a very intimate and creepily personal nature. Or not so creepy/personal.
3. You WILL update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.