1. Took advantage of some terribly dull and unimportant football match yesterday to get into the centre of Oxford and do som necessary shopping in advance of Venice and Beyond. Bought myself a new down sleeping bag from Blacks – the Quantum 300 – as I realise that I will be staying 2500 feet up in the mountains and it might get a bit chilly late at night. Also spent a small fortune in Boots on boring comfort box type items and sun related creams. Bought too, a father’s day present and a second birthday present for Little Ben.
2. Garden too hot for sitting in yesterday afternoon, and no shade. Hard to arrange parasol in such a way as to get lounger amount of shade out of it, so instead spring-cleaned the kitchen. Kittens arrive right after holiday so needed to arrange open shelving under counter in such a way as to be less inviting for furry folk. Sorted out old jam from new jam and chucked out dead cans.
3. Did a bit more tidying this morning, inside and out, cutting back some exuberant shrubs. Spent too long on the interweb and wrote some novel under parasol in garden on laptop.
4. Listed and re-listed holiday stuff and made a note of things I still need to sort out.
5. Watched bumblebees busy on the cienothis…