The sun has been shining and Spring is definitely sprunging all around, and so far a number of good things have happened. 🙂
1. Yesterday I sent an en-masse email invite around just about everyone who I’ve ever worked with inviting them to my leaving drinks/meal two weeks yesterday. Using the Microsoft Outlook voting buttons I cunningly provided them with two ways of saying Yes and no ways of No. *grins* I also provided them with five reasons why they should come along:
- You want to wish me well in whatever direction my career takes me
- You want to try and ensure you get an invite to that book launch
- Itâs a Monday and nobody ever has plans for a Monday
- Itâs payday, so about the only day of the month when there actually is cash in the bank
- You want a really good reason to stay in Oxford until the May Day celebrations in Oxford the following morning
3. I have another job interview. It’s this Thursday at Sophos (you know the Anti-Virusy folk) in Abingdon – sandwiched between my favourite swimming pool and Waitrose. I say job interview but actually it’s more like job interviews. I applied for a Website Administrator role, but they want to also interview me a Content Editor position. What’s more, they certainly take their interviews seriously. I have a pre-interview assignment to do, and then on the day a proof-reading test and an essay-style question to do before I even get into the interview chair. Keep your fingers crossed for me, it really would be nice not to have to dig into my redundancy money.