1. Firstly, I would just like to say: Happy Birthday Emma! 🙂 🙂 🙂
2. Secondly, I really wanted to give Emma a call first thing this morning and talk to her as she opened her cards. Why is it then, then despite me having one clock radio, one buzzer thing on the radio and an alarm clock, all set for slightly differing times, I completely and utterly overslept last night. In part I think it was to do with the non-stop night I had of mince-pie baking (for lunch on Saturday), last-minute sorting out of the programme for Saturdayâs concert, and truffle-making extraordinaire (the latter I did with back-episodes of Michael Palinâs New Europe as accompaniment, finished up at midnight. Still, they had to be done, and I seem to be running out of time before Christmas†â¦
3. Of course, the real reason for my tardiness this morning was my complete and utter crapitude. Even with working through lunch Iâm going to be down on my hours for today, which means I lose Â£12 from my pay in addition to the money I lost on Tuesday for taking the day off for going to (the more I think about it) a crappy job interview (the job/company being crap, not in this case, my interview). For todayâs loss, I only have myself to blame, and I canât even stay later tonight, because leaving at 5pm means it takes me even longer to get home and on a Thursday with band I have a quick turnaround anyway, and I still have to find time to put truffles into boxes (and thus free up space in fridge) and clean house for the weekend.
4. †That said, I am now sorted for Christmas presents. I just have to wrap them, and Iâm done. 🙂 And my Christmas cards have all gone out. Umm… all except those oneâs which I havenât got addresses for â Iâm sure I had addresses for them… 5. It is however an absolutely beautiful day today. We had the hardest and deepest frost so far this winter last night, and it was absolutely fantastically gorgeous out there, with clear sun, and a frost-laden landscape I just wanted to go out for a walk in it. Emma is so lucky to have such nice weather on her birthday. 🙂
5. It is however an absolutely beautiful day today. We had the hardest and deepest frost so far this winter last night, and it was absolutely fantastically gorgeous out there, with clear sun, and a frost-laden landscape I just wanted to go out for a walk in it. Emma is so lucky to have such nice weather on her birthday. 🙂